Thursday, April 05, 2007

I don't hate no double negation

I didn’t get no sleep last night. And I haven’t got no time today. My head ain’t no good for work now. And I haven’t got nothing useful to do until my class which ain’t starting not in another 2 hours. The talk I tried listening to now was not dislikable for the rest but for someone who needs as much sleep as I do it wasn’t no likeable. So out of the blue I think not from nowhere dawned upon me this idea of sitting in this coffee shop and writing about double negations. And it ain’t no bad idea coz the caffeine, the hazelnut, the people, the music and Microsoft’s colourful wrigglys are keeping me from not sleeping. Some are red and the one’s that aren’t no red are green. And I don’t see no blue ones. I checked up wiki on the use of ain’t. And wiki said it ain’t no good. But for something on double negations, I don’t think there’s nothing as good as ain’t. For if it ain’t for ain’t double negations would not be no good.

It isn’t the least disinteresting how with all the false statements you still don’t find it impossible to read. There must be some sentences here that aren’t no syntactically wrong and even lesser that aren’t plain nonsense. But a bag of nonsense can make so much sense. A bag of nonsense can assert that a bag of nonsense is no nonsense. Guess I don’t hate no double negation. Not never.

1 comment:

Manaswini said...

I couldn't agree any better:). I'd have no problem reading double negations if not for the sudden realization of the syntax and then it becomes a drudgery. Faulkner does this to me (the only southerner I've tried reading so far:)). Every time I'm just a couple of pages down, this realization strikes me and I have to put it down. Sigh, I still need to conquer double negations:).